The Man Approved Diet has a new home!!! You can find all my
recipes and other helpful kitchen how to's at
www.manapproveddiet.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Man-Approved Diet?

So there I was one day, talking with my girlfriends about how we all wanted to lose weight.  We knew the basics of what to do: workout/move around more, eat less junk.  Well, the move around more part was easy enough for us to plan for.  The hard part is that we're all married to husbands that don't think eating salads everyday is all that great.  Unfortunately a lot of recipes out there fall into one of two catagories: healthy or tasty.  My own husband was no exception, he likes things with bacon, ranch dressing or cheese and if it had all three it was even better.  Generally those three things don't work so well with healthy recipes, but I figured I was up for the challenge.  Afterall, this is the same man who hated almost any veggie before I came along and now actually requests things like asparagus!  So here it is, my experiments in the kitchen trying to come up with recipes that are healthy enough to meet my requirements but still taste good enough that he'll eat them. 

After knee problems and horrible side effects from medications I was on and a move halfway around the world (Germany to Texas), I've gained weight.  A lot of weight.  So I get to be my own test dummy for whether or not this diet plan works.  I know that the weight didn't come on overnight and it's not going to leave that way either, but if I can find something that works for me, I know I can lose the weight I want to. 

Like I said earlier, I know that in addition to eating better I need to make sure that I'm moving more.  I'd love to get to the point where I could run a half marathon, but with my knee problems it might take me quite a while to get there.  In the mean time I'm getting on the elliptical machine four or five times a week for thirty minutes at a time and taking my puppy out for a one mile walk afterwards.  In a week or two I plan on doing an additional workout video, but I want to get used to the cardio again first.  Luckily I've built up a decent collection of videos over the past few years, so I should be able to mix it up enough to keep me from getting bored. 

Well, I guess that's enough of an introduction for now.  Tonight I'll share my first creation for the Man Approved Diet, Steak and Potato Pizza with Asparagus!

No comments:

Post a Comment