The Man Approved Diet has a new home!!! You can find all my
recipes and other helpful kitchen how to's at
www.manapproveddiet.com

Friday, December 7, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Pizza

This recipe is definitely one of my husband's favorite dinners.  It's a perfect snack for guys night.  It has three of his requirements for a well balanced meal: bacon, jalapeno and cheese.  It also has a good does of veggies from the jalapeno peppers and the red peppers.  You can use a homemade pizza crust if you would like, but since this is usually one of our quick dinners with just use premade.  You can also adjust how hot it is by adding the jalapeno seeds.  I usually add one or two jalapenos worth of seeds and it's a good compromise between what my husband likes (mouth on fire heat) and what I like (being able to taste my food).  You could adjust how much cheese there is if someone in your house likes super cheesy, just put extra cheddar on part of the pizza.

Ingredients

    1 12" premade pizza crust
    9 slices bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
    1 cup chopped red peppers
    4 jalapenos, seeded and diced (save the seeds if you like your food little hotter)
    1 8 oz package fat free cream cheese
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large pan, cook the bacon until almost crispy. Add the red and jalapeno peppers the pan (add the seeds too if you like), cook until the peppers have softened. Stir the bacon and pepper mixture into the cream cheese. Spread over the pizza crust and sprinkle with cream cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheddar cheese has melted.
 
Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 294.5
  • Total Fat: 5.4 g
  • Cholesterol: 20.0 mg
  • Sodium: 930.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 38.1 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
  • Protein: 20.2 g


6 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering right about now and its only 7:30 in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has bacon and dairy in it, it could totally pass as breakfast food! :)

      Delete
  2. How did you know that I love both pizza and jalapeno poppers? ;) This post is literally my favorite I've read all night. I want...no..I NEED to try out this weekend!! Yummy yummy!

    Thank you so much for participating in our Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you, of course!! Wishing you and yours a lovely week!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of our favorite recipes! I actually just started a new website, hopefully you'll follow me there too. It's www.manapproveddiet.com and it already has all of the recipes from this site transferred over, plus a couple new ones!
      Hope to see you at my new home,
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the follow! I just started a new website at www.manapproveddiet.com and I hope you'll follow me there too. It already has all of the recipes from here and a few new ones (with more to come).
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This looks really yummy. My husbie loves pizza. We may have to give this one a try. Thank you for sharing at our Holiday Happenings Linkie. Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete