The Man Approved Diet has a new home!!! You can find all my
recipes and other helpful kitchen how to's at
www.manapproveddiet.com

Friday, November 30, 2012

Breakfast Cookies: Oatmeal-Chocolate-Cranberry-Pecan Cookies

It's that time of year when I start channeling Betty Crocker and do a couple all night cookie baking marathons.  This year it looks like there's going to be at least seven types of cookies, so somewhere around thirty dozen cookies.  I've done five of them so far and I thought I would share one of them with you guys.  I stumbled upon the combination a few years ago when I was playing around with an oatmeal cookie recipe.  Cranberries can be rather tart (like in my Cranberry Nut Pie), but it's balanced out nicely with the cookie and chocolate.  I call these Breakfast Cookies because they're great for a grab and go when you're in a hurry.

Ingredients



    1 1/2 cups softened butter
    2 cups brown sugar, packed
    1 cup white sugar
    3 1/2 cups flour
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    3/4 cup chocolate chips
    3/4 cup chopped pecans
    3/4 cup dried cranberries

    Directions

    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
    In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together. Add the flour, eggs, baking powder and soda, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, and dried cranberries. The dough is going to be very stiff.
    Drop by rounded teaspoons on to cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies start to brown. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
    Nutritional Info
    • Servings Per Recipe: 60
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 160.2
    • Total Fat: 7.2 g
    • Cholesterol: 18.6 mg
    • Sodium: 33.9 mg
    • Total Carbs: 25.7 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
    • Protein: 1.8

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love the concept, and also so does my husband, of this man approved diet. =)

    Looking forward to tons of yumminess.

    Aloha,

    Following ya now from the Friday hop. It's so sweet to meet ya. I'd love for you to join me for the ride at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding the wave of life one teensy adventure at a time, come join us and if you'd like join us for An Aloha Affair-- our sweet gathering and mingling and... growing together. You're welcome anytime.

    cheers,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me, I'm following you back. I love Hawaii, I think I've been there about seven times now. I wish I could go back!

      Delete
  2. Can I thank you in advance for posting the nutritional value and calories? Very few bloggers do and I really appreciate it. :)

    I found you through a blog hop, glad I did! I look forward to reading your posts and am now following you! Come on by the Aloha Friday Blog hop and link up with us too!! It's easy and you could end up being next week's featured blogger!!

    http://www.whatjeanlikes.com/2012/11/aloha-friday-blog-hop-32-december-is-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I hated looking at a recipe and not knowing how many calories was in it. Especially when it looked like a healthy-ish recipe and it turned out not to be.
      I'll be joining you Friday!

      Delete
  3. Hi! SO excited to have found your blog! Found you on the weekend blog hop...looking forward to your posts! Would love a visit from you over at Moms Surviving Kids! www.momssurvivingkids.com
    hugs,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I'm following on GFC and G+ from Mom's Mingle.
    Debi
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking pretty tasty. :)

    Following you now, found you on Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them, I think they're pretty good :)

      Delete
  6. Totally love the blog name, just have to say that!

    This recipe looks fab ;)

    I need to make some sweets soon! Cookie baking this weekend for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband always eats breakfast on the run. These will be great to keep in the freezer! Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again.

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete