The Man Approved Diet has a new home!!! You can find all my
recipes and other helpful kitchen how to's at
www.manapproveddiet.com

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Taco Chicken Chili

I love slow cooker meals.  You toss a bunch of stuff in the cooker, put the lid on and just let it do it's thing.  It's really great for when you aren't sure when everyone will be home for dinner or if you have a busy afternoon/evening and you don't what to get stuck eating take out. 

Chili is one of those things that you can really make your own.  If you like it hotter, just add some extra chili powder or jalapenos to the slow cookers.  If you're like my husband, you can add a bunch of cheese, crushed corn chips and sour cream (or ranch dip).  If you're more like me, it tastes great just as it is.  This recipe will make a lot, so you can make it when you have company or save it for leftovers.  It's just about 200 calories for a one cup serving, so you could even splurge a little with the toppings or an extra serving.

Ingredients


    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cans no salt added stewed tomatoes
    1 can chili beans, undrained
    1 can green chili peppers, undrained
    6 ounces frozen corn
    1 packet lower sodium taco seasoning
    1 tablespoon cumin
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with visible fat removed

    Directions

    Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a crock pot. Lay the chicken breasts on top and cook for six to eight hours on high. If it looks a little dry add a small can of tomato sauce.  About 30 minutes before serving, take out the chicken and cut or shred into small pieces. Don't worry too much if it looks a little watery, most of it will will absorbed after you shred the chicken.
     
    Nutritional Info
    • Servings Per Recipe: 8
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 209.7
    • Total Fat: 1.9 g
    • Cholesterol: 40.0 mg
    • Sodium: 945.7 mg
    • Total Carbs: 32.0 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g
    • Protein: 21.6 g 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you, I'd happily join your blog and share this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Sarah. For some reason Pinterest couldn't find your picture when I was trying to pin this to my Food on Friday: Chillies Pinboard. If you would like to be included I suggest you move the photo of the dish up to the beginning of your post and then I'll try again. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it pinned on pinterest under my Food I Made board. Here's the link for it: http://pinterest.com/mgwife/foodage-i-ve-made/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...the one is for me! I'm going to make it. Thanks for sharing. All the best- monica

    ReplyDelete