The Man Approved Diet has a new home!!! You can find all my
recipes and other helpful kitchen how to's at
www.manapproveddiet.com

Monday, September 17, 2012

Baked Herbed Fish

I know how good fish is for you and I've been trying to find a healthy way to eat it that I would like.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I've found it yet.  The only way I've had fish that I I actually liked was my grandmother's beer battered catfish, which I don't think is really all that healthy for you (something about the deep frying that kinda kills the health benefits).  I'm not saying that this wasn't good, just not to my taste.  The hubby liked it, but he did make a comment about it maybe tasting more like health food.  He added a little lemon juice to his fish, I didn't think it made much difference.
 
I served it with what I call baked potato slices.  Basically it's a potato sliced into 1/4 inch slices, sprinkled with some herbs or spices (which ones depend on the day) and then cooked in the microwave for five to ten minutes.  You wanted them tender, not crunchy.  I discovered these when I was trying to make homemade potato chips one day.  They didn't work for chips, but they were pretty taste and they've stuck around the menu.
 
Now on to the fish:

Ingredients



    8 oz tilapia filets
    2 tablespoons flour
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    2 tablespoons onion powder
    1 tablespoon basil
    1 tablespoon rosemary

    Directions

    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
    Combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and rosemary in a shallow bowl. Coat both sides of the filets by pressing them into the flour mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, turning over about halfway through.
    Nutritional Info
    • Servings Per Recipe: 2
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 199.3
    • Total Fat: 3.3 g
    • Cholesterol: 45.7 mg
    • Sodium: 92.5 mg
    • Total Carbs: 18.5 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
    • Protein: 25.9 g

 

No comments:

Post a Comment